To all our clients.
Firstly, allow us to say that the turbulent times we have had in 2020 have really awakened a deep sense of pride into the work we do and you our clients. Our industry has been hit really hard. We miss you all and each other!
Our motives for contacting you now are simple; transparency. So please take the time to read the below.
We are all following the same briefings and we have a huge responsibility to you and to our staff. Everything we do from here is designed to enable a safe working environment for our team and for you.
If we feel there is a problem, or our safety measures are not up to scratch then we have to act accordingly.
Therefore, we need to let you know that we will resume trading from the 4th of July. This will be a very gentle introduction to the world again, and in order to practise social distancing and uphold the safety of everyone I am sure you will understand that some new rules are regulations need to be in place.
We will layout what we need from you to help this progress. We are committed to making this work, and appreciate your patience. We ask for flexibility with time and dates. Unfortunately we can not see everyone at once.
NEW WAYS AT OOLONG
1. There will be no card payments, transactions at the salon. All transactions will be completed via phone prior to your booking. If you have a different service at the salon; this can be amended by phone afterwards.
2. We have set up a secure remote office away from the salon; this office will act as your virtual reception. It will be manned by Mala and her team, who will liaise with you on bookings, service, payment and confirmation.
3. We ask that if you would like to tip your stylist, please do so with by placing in envelopes provided at the salon at your designated area. Or add tip by telephone with Mala (We are also looking into a secure online payment method that you can complete).
4. Should you exhibit any symptoms that have been deemed “covid-19” related- cancel your appointment immediately.
5. Your appointment may be cancelled at any time should we find that there is a problem.
6. If you find you have symptoms after visiting, please contact us immediately and we will notify all that have been in contact and act accordingly.
7. Your stylists will all be having tests.
8. Barriers, traffic control and no-go zones are set up at the salon. Just to be transparent there are some immediate things that we will put in place- some may sound shocking, some you are most definitely used to.
9. Please keep jewellery to a minimum.
10. Be advised that upon entry, a chemical mat will be in place to reduce bacteria. This may affect your shoes, please be conscious of this in your choice of footwear.
11. A sterilising machine is now at the salon, this will kill bacteria on your phone.
12. We ask you not to bring children or other people as we will be limiting the amount of people in the salon.
13. If you are booking a child in for a haircut, it may be advisable to choose a off peak time to complete this.
* No drinks will be supplied at the salon- please bring your own.
* We ask all clients to travel light to us, avoid large items, bags, etc.
* You may be asked to wait outside of the salon until your time, this is a precaution for your safety.
* Upon arrival, you will be given suitable PPE by your stylist, cleansed and guided to your designated area.
* You will be asked to wear a mask by your stylists, you are free to bring your own, we will have the kit should you not.
* Please don’t hug, shake hands with your stylists, as silly as it sounds, for a lot of us thats all we want to do (one day).
* Your designated area will be cleaned and sterilised prior to your service, please be patient.
* We ask you to avoid using the toilet at all costs, we understand its not easy, but we want to minimise the risks.
* We may use a masking tape/micropore solution for temporarily attaching the face mask on when cutting,colouring,washing your hair.
* We will not be supplying any reading material in the salon.
* All soft furnishings will be covered, removed therefore reducing the spread.
* Where ever possible, we ask that you think about your own safety- in order to reduce the time you spend in the salon, perhaps a cut on one day and a colour another, we leave this to your discretion when thinking about your hair, we are conscious of the time you spend with others.
THE WAY IT MAY WORK
A. Arrive at salon.
B. Wait outside until asked to enter.
C. Stand on designated spot, remove outer wear (which will be bagged and placed in your zone) there will also be a floor matt to clean your feet.
D. Sanitise (hands especially).
E. Be dressed in PPE – Mask, disposable gown, gloves, hand your phone to the stylist for sterilisation.
F. Sit in your designated seat.
G. You will be given your phone back.
H. Have your service, please only go where the stylist tells you.
I. Once your service is done you will receive your outerwear and be asked to leave (if you are in between processing- you may be guided to a different area).
J. Leave the salon as directed with great hair!
It all sounds very technical at the moment, and we are finding our way. Our industry has been hit quite hard, and we are desperate to get back to work, but not at the cost of safety.
We want to keep you updated at all times if there is a change, we also want to know from you if you notice anything we have missed, or have suggestions, questions or concerns.
This information is sent to you in order that you may digest it now and act accordingly. Should the government guidelines push our dates back, we will endeavour to make changes, and find suitable dates.
We thank you for understanding and are so excited to be seeing you again.
Penny and all the Oolong team.